Saturday 14 February 2009

Terot card - Moon (1)

The project I'm doing at the moment is to create a moon tarot card, which indicates darkness, evil power, hell and all the horrific scenes human beings can imagine.

Starry sky creation

An interesting episode happened during the card creation is to make the starry night sky. Since fed up of "stealing" things from web, I told myself I'm going to create my own.

The best part I have learnt so far from the class is to search for certain photoshop object creation tutorial.

It's funny that by now I finally realised the learning process is such a long and difficult procedure.

From "knowing nothing" to "realising developing from web" until now finally "understand to search for certain object creation tutorial".

Layer mask

I was using photoshop before, but using it without proper understanding, and I have no idea what results I'm intending to get and how the process goes and ends whatsover.

I have never bothered what is layer mask, adjustment layer, or those convenient shortcuts.

After searching from tutorial, I realised starry night sky can be created though adding noise and using layer mask to adjust its level in order to get the right tone.

And indeed the layer mask is the small thumbnail just right beside the layer thumbnail, and it indicates the area which you want to do change.

The last important thing is to remember that no matter which part you want to change and always firstly select the part otherwise layer mask would never work.

No comments: