Thursday 19 February 2009

Moon tarot card (2)

The second tarot card I have created focus on the theme - Moon, theoretically speaking, it's a dark card indicating all the evil things. And my idea is even a bit more crazy - based on the symbol of Nazi.

"Yeah, I know it's a bit crazy"

When first showing my original sketch to Chris, I notices he glanced me strangely, which makes me uncomfortable, "You should go for simple idea, you know." he said. "Yeah, I know it's a bit crazy, but it just comes."

From my eyes Chris is a soft person, probably he doesn't fancy this idea, but anyway I'm stubbon to insist my own idea.

Indeed I'm not sure why I want to base my moon tarot card on the Nazi symbol, probably just because I had saw too much bloody films happening in this period, heard too much sad, devastating and inhuman stories based on this period of history.

When first saw the tarot card brief, the idea just naturally appeared in my mind, nothing can be more darker than Hitler's conspiracy, nothing can be more horrific than the Nazi concentration camp, nothing can be more brutal than the genocide of Jews.

Sophine Scholl

I once saw a film called Sophine Scholl, which depicts how anti-Nazi resistence movement "White Rose" member Sophine, uses her wits in the interrogation in order to protect other members in the movement.

It's a film describing her final day before her death

No comments: