Thursday 26 February 2009

Arts - is all about breaking the rules

Chris commented on my first project on Digital Imaging, which we're learning to use Illustrator creating different shapes, effects and familiar with various tools from the programme. His main idea is to be an artist, I need to be brave to break the rules.

David'sviewmagazine

I remembered David once mentioned "breaking rules" concept in his website. And also from Apple's profiling on him, he's a person breaking all the rules around journalism, technology and motion pictures.

And of course, I found most of his works are quite engaging and more than interesting. But still it's hard for me to get the deep understanding behind his approach of making stories.

Emma's class

From this term I changed web design module into Emma's painting and drawing class due to time clash. From the first time I met her, I just felt she is definitely an energetic person, and full of fire, creative fire in her heart.

On that day, I'm working on the Sun poster in front of the computer, and she came, had a look of my work, then suggested me to use some materials, maybe textures, collages, to make the work more fascinating.

She introduced us many ways, such as spilling the coloured sand on the plastic glue on the white paper, making stencil and colour it with brush, and then see if I can develop with computer software programmes.

Metro transferred into art

Recently I read an interesting report from Metro, a group of artists from London East End using Metro front page to create several art works.

All the objects on the pictures are put together with these front pages.

Breaking the rules, anything after special treatment can be art.

No comments: