Wednesday 18 February 2009

News writing

You have to learn how the reporters structure their sentences, which words they're choosing, you have to know these certain expressions, learn to write chatting language, like people are talking in the pub.


Damn it

Looked at my news writing scrab book, full of standard news writing languages, professional news story expressions, with all of these stunning, dazzling, and typical english news writing vocabularies.

But I'm just wondering how much I could remember them, and how accurate I could use them. It'a a tough task, and I'm not joking sometimes spending hours and hours for checking these words and expressions and paragraphs.

It was funny that my mind nowadays connects everything with news writing. I once laughed at an e-mail replied from a news editor from Harrow Observer, he is saying in the letter "everyone is returning family home" instead of using "everyone is retruning home."

I just can't stopping laugh of it, Damn it! These professional people.

No comments: