Saturday 21 February 2009

Lark Rise to Candleford



The 7th episode of Lark Rise to Candleford Series II is the most interesting one among all the episodes I have seen.

Man's pride, hardship of bread-winner, young girl's first love. This 19th century novel covers common people's life stories which reflect that particular period's British society.

"If I have one more day, I could make you love me."

On the screen, Laura told fisher, a craftsman building clock, with all her heart and soul:" If I could have one more day with you, I could make you love me." I believe audience will be affected by such a strong affection from such a beautiful young lady.

From Fisher's eyes, it's obviously he is falling in love with such a sweet girl, in fact the sweetest girl in Candleford.

But how long his love could last? Is he ready to lay all his life aside and stay in this small town and leave his freedom and rest of his life behind, only for Laura?

Robert, Laura's father asks Fisher:" What do you mean by loving her?" "I don't want to leave her." Fisher answered.

"You don't want to leave doesn't mean You want to stay, lad. Love her? Can you afford to offer her a family? A home? And having children around? Do you know your heart? If not, break her heart now." Robert said grimly.

Fisher at last left Candleford after finishing his mission. There're many loves in this world can't be growing up and they just don't have such a fortune. Time, places, maturity and all sorts of elements matter. And no one is able to control as no one is to blame.

But there's always true answers for things, if there is not, just keep asking your heart.

"Tools are gone and how am I going to restore my faith?"

Tobert Timmins' tools were sold by some village folks, though his family in such a grave circumstance, he is still setting his pride as the first priority - refuse other people's assistance, since from his eyes, their help is just charity for him and his family.

Man's pride,a big issue embedded for centuries in human beings' mind, no place matter in this case, indeed everywhere is the same from my eyes.

Emma (Robert's wife) cried out: "How dare you ask me to choose between my children and your pride. How dare you put me in this difficult situation. The children need to eat, Rober, they need food."

It's always hard to guess what prize the proud man's expecting people around to pay him back, and in fact it's very brutal even just thinking about it.

No comments: