Thursday 19 February 2009

Love for peace



Mother Teresa is the original idea of this tarot card, previously I was thinking to draw an old lady as mother.

However during drawing process, I found that why should I draw an old lady? If an young lady owes the same heart laden with kindness, mercy and generosity, should it be an more graceful picture?

Mother teresa

Probably my only connection with mother Teresa was the whole summer I spent in Kolkata, 2005. A difficult city with lots of poors.

Though Kolkata is the capital of West Begal, it's surprisingly underdeveloped compared with Delhi, Mumbai these big cities from my personal opinion.

And heard many stories about mother Teresa and her charity, which lead her fame to grow internationally as an humanitarian. She won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 and India's highest civil honour.

Picasso dove

The way of drawing dove suggested by Chris, though I know that I haven't captured enough of its appearance, and in fact I drawed it directly in photoshop, indeed the better way I felt perhaps drawing it in Illustrator would be better, and then import into photoshop.

I like the way Pablo Picasso did for the dove, very simple sketches, but very much like the alive ones.

After done the card, I did more drawings in illustrator, feel much more comfortable after practising a bit more.

No comments: