Sunday 25 May 2008

The Apprentice

An amazing programme from BBC iPlayer -- The Apprentice illustrates how cruel the competition it is within the business world.

The story is literally ture, a handful of experienced business men/women are competing for a 6 figure salary job from one of the business giant corporation within UK. Their stories are followed by media industry and reveal to ordinary people.

Tissue competition

Yesterday's story is to pitch tissue branding/marketing strategy during the meeting with the most influencial British business boss sir Alan.

Raef, the guy who was fired later on is the project manager of the failed team.

No one is thinking "I love my tissue" is the failed team, I'm a bit shocked that "Atishu" finally won the competition.

"I love my tissue"'s real problem

the real problem from Raef's team is they tends to be very artistic, very much emphasized for the imaginative image of producing the tele adv.

The bloody hell is no any indication of tissue and anti-bacteria which sir Alan is expecting from their product!

On the contrary, "Atishu" produces horrible box design, unprofessional presentation, but they won, because in their tele adv, the actor and actress mentioned tissue, mentioned anti-backteria at least 3 times, and consumer will remember oh, ok, this is for advertising tissue.

What I learn

In fact, I was wondering my website during watching the Apprentice, at end of the day, my web will be examined by my client, and do I need to be more business driven and less artistic?

Make it clear what I'm going to tell/sell to people from my website is crucial, and go straight to the point is key.

No comments: