Tuesday 15 January 2008

Radio Feature Programme

Today, we nearly finish the radio feature programme, we are talking about the children's reading skills and literary capability are declining in England and Scotland, the idea is pretty good, I found myself have the good sensitivity of news discovery, even the second radio assignment, my story idea is excellent!

My weakness is to structure the story, how to rearrange the materials, and tell the story to people. I found my partner is quite good at it, she tries to link all the materials in a logical way and, in the meantime try to make it interesting, for instance, she suggests to insert harry potter audio clips.

The way she arranges reflects flexibility, funny, relaxation, and lively. Indeed, this even I don't have in my character, I am a bit serious most of the time, and the way of making a progamme sometimes do reflect the producer's personality.

The difficulty I met in structuring the story is also because lack of flexibility, seems I have a format in my mind, such as the first several paragraphs I wrote for cue, then the following paragraphs are the link for writer, then plus his interview, afterwards, link of vox pops followed by the vox pops, finally the link for the related organization plus its interview. This is so boring!

Look, what my partner doing is more creative, she seperates the vox pops into parents, children, and insert the short link, which makes more sense of the story!! This is what I should learn from her:-).

There is one thing I am happy for myself, it is my idea to put teacher, parents, children together as one group, and then my partner puts the materials more properly with the nice link, in fact I really like the way she shapes the story. What I learn from her is being more creative.

The language she uses is also more interesting, very oral language, I was thinking that the programme in BBC radio 4, yeah, of course, depends on different topic, what I should do is every time when I listen to radio, be careful what kind of language they use, how they structure the story.

Script writing is related with structuring the story, excellent English will helps a lot, if want to write a good script.

Editing, Recording, I am fine I think, and also learnt things from my partner today. But still need to practise.

No comments: