Wednesday 29 December 2010

Four-page application form

Four-page application form for the Financial Times. Yup! I thought I'd finish in an hour or two.

But surprisingly, It takes me hours to fill in all the blank space and I'm still working on it while grabbing time to update this post - just wanted to set my mind free for a while.

Why does a four-page application take me so long to complete? Only four pages, aren't they? Well, starting from the second page, it asks the candidate to note down each full-time schooling since age 11.

I was trying hard to remember when I started my secondary school, what grades I obtained, what results I achieved, and what else I did at that time...

Then university degrees, professtional training, undergraduate diplomas, summer school course, and loads of stuff flooded into my application form, I found.

What's next? Employment and work experience. Okay, this will include all the work placements, training scheme, and freelance work in the UK - for my journalism's sake!

On top of that, I will have to fill in the things I did in Malta and India. I didn't forget them and I shall not. Obviously, I understand FT wants to study every each one of us – this is how the big brands choose the right candidate.

Before writing this post, I read David and Denae's latest updates, and there is no doubt that their writings are always natural, vivid and engaging. I enjoy that.

I told myself why not take a shot and write likewise?

No comments: