Friday 15 May 2009

Ridiculously easy for 60 and 80 words/min shorthand exam

The shorthand exam speed between 60 to 80 per minute is held today at Uni. Westminster at 10:30am, most of the journalism students have found the 80 and 60 passage are ridiculously easy.

You see, here we are

When talking with Helen Elizabeth Varley, one of the student who did the exam, she said:"Yeah, the 60 one I am happy with it, and as long as you get something, so you see, here we are."

Though the 60words/min passage are pleased by most of the students, for those who aiming at 70 words/min seems that they did not receive the same happy ending.

Jennifer Willis-Jones is struggling with 70 speed, she said: "Oh, I am aiming at 70 and cannot imagine that the 80 words/min passage is ridiculously easy, and there is no councillor, local community, social security these difficult stuff. I cannot believe it."

Kirstie Nicols, the first one who left the exam room, said: "I will definitely get the 60 one, and I just make sure I have got my 60 today. Next time I am gonna to do the 80 one, and for today's 80 passage, I have missed one sentence, so it is stupid for me to transcribe it, and I will fail I know that."

Rukshana, cannot fall asleep till 5am worrying about bloody shorthand

Angela, the shorthand teacher as well as the examiner was worrying about one student from the class - Rukshana - who had not appeared until half of the exam passed.

Rukshana, a Londoner originally coming from Bangladesh, said: "I just cannot fall asleep until 5am in the morning today and worrying bloody shorthand. When I got up and found out that already 9am. "

I really want to kick myself, and stupidly missed the high speed level exam, which I do know how to do it, for the 80 one!

Shorthand

Shorthand is part of UK National Council for Training of Journalists (NCTJ) qualification for pre-entering newspaper journalism industry in UK, which require newspaper journalists reaching the standard of 100 words/min, while magazine reporters need to make sure 80 words/min.

No comments: