Thursday 20 November 2008

CNN International (London) interview

November 18 I attended the interview with CNN International (London) feature producer Steph Busari, it was amazing and exciting.

It's my first time to go to Turner Hourse, and we talked about CNN International features online, what my opinions are about? How it compared with BBC feature online.

She also asked me to introduce a bit of myself, I talked about my BA in Malta, cultural exchange in India, being learning piano for nearly 14 years, probably I have so much to say, and I even forget to tell her I was invited to attend "image of Europe" meeting in Brussels with the EU summer school I attended, anyway!!...

And one of her questions was "shocked" me, "Are you from Royal Academy of Music?" Royal academy? I'm a master degree student in Broadcast Journalism and special projects integrating multimedia, I was a bit confused from the beginning.

"Oh, I created a multimedia website on the subject of Classical Music, and I invited pianists from three Royal Schools of Music based in England, the Royal Academy is one of them." I said, "Oh, yeah, I see your website and it's quite engaging." Stephanie smiled.

She found also interested in web design and making video/audio stuffs, so asked me do you want to work on writing or production during the internship period?

My point of view is of course the technological side is amazing, it definitely gives a surplus for story telling and make the story more attractive, but the traditional print side, I mean to get the reportage, to write it as an article and to possess excellent news judgement is still essential.

"Sure, you will be helping around the production side, and we'll see if you feel to comfortable to contribute to writing."

Afterwards, she showed me around the newsroom within CNN International, I am amazed by its busy news gathering environment, what a exciting place!

No comments: