Thursday 3 February 2011

My days at The Independent on Sunday

I've been at The Independent on Sunday newsroom for two-week-and-three-day, and I've enjoyed my stay so far.

The paper is at the same building as the Daily Mail group, at Northcliff House. The building's just around the corner of High Street Kensington tube station.

My internship is mainly research based, and I've been researching for different stories, such as NHS healthcare reform, the UK agriculture, coalition government leaders' wealthy friends etc.

Last week, the paper's foreign news-desk editor asked me to write a piece about what the life was like when growing up in China during the one-child-policy years.

He wanted something original and personal, and can be compared to local teenages' life here.

Since the paper is a sunday paper, reporters usually work from Tuesday to Saturday, and they've got Monday off. People there are generally lovely and helpful, and it's a great team to work with.

No comments: