Sunday 5 July 2009

First day at Emma

First day at Emma is very tiring I must admit, the work I need to do is basically searching for story ideas and then re-write the story, in accordance with the related topic - diversity.

From 9:30am to 6:00pm, you just need to research and write. I felt the work quite intense and indeed very similar as working in a local newspaper, to some extend here is even more tiring.

As the topics are related with racism, religion, and minority groups, so extensive reading and research need to be conducted and afterwards, incorporating the mearning into your own writing to produce an accurate, concise and compelling copy.

Advantage is I will learn extensivly about these topics and practise my writing skills. In this case, I will enhance much more in terms of my writing skills compared to interning at the BBC or other news orgs.

No comments: