Saturday 3 May 2008

Bridgend Suicide -- TV Docomentary Pitch

The last test left is my TV documentary pitch, imaging if I'm working as a TV programme producer, I need to sell my idea to Commissioning officer,so that is the reason David and Rob acted as our Pitch judge

Paul's death to Bridgend suicide

It's a nice story, well presented and well researched, after finishing my description, david commented.

However, the problem is I won't be able to make it, david and rob think the story idea is too ambitious, at least on this stage, they think I won't be able to make it.

Bridgend suicide is a very sensitive topic, even experienced journalists find it difficult to access the story.

Bridgend is in south Welsh borough, this area is considered to be relatively economic deprivation, and lack of social cohesion, which is the main reason why suicide rate always higher than other regions.

Teenagers hanged themselvs at home or other places, local media released information frequently.

On the contrary, parents are blaming media that it will badly influence these death's peers, which seems quite epidemic idea to kill himself/herself when facing difficulty in life.

These people are kind of cult, and they leave people who are aliving in guilt, and the actions is quite irresponsible.

the Inspiration

The inspiration comes from radio 4 programme taking the stand, the dead teenager named Paul, which I blogged in January this year.

No comments: